Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Imhotep - The Mummy


I cannot tell you how long I've looked at this photo - 4 years? 5 years? I can say for the last 2 years I've imagined this photo on the wall. I've dreamed of it on the wall.  I've had bare walls minus 2 tribal masks and a small dream catcher... the rest of the walls were blank - mind numbingly blank.  Well I finally broke down to get it. Now I don't have the one bare wall.

Bare walls remind me of a prison or an insane asylum - where no pics are allowed. Bare white walls are worse for me - looks like a white padded room and not a home lol. At least these walls have a wood grain -- but were so bare and cold looking.

Having "Uncle" Boris Karloff as Imhotep on the wall is like having a picture of an old friend hanging up - a familiar face and character. It's comforting to me to see it - I feel relaxed when I look at it. It's beginning to feel like a home now - comforting.


This is a necklace I got for my mom - but she passed away before I could give it to her - that was in 1997. I still have the necklace... it's been buried in a keepsake box. I decided to dig it out and hang it by Imhotep.... just not sure exactly where to hang it by him. LOL. Yes mom liked Karloff and The Mummy... she introduced me to the classic horror films when I was a little kid.





Let's see necklace in the corner? - on the side? - below? - above the photo? That's the only decision I have to make.  Either way, this works well enough together. 






No comments:

Post a Comment