Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Curtains

 I have been sick and tired of seeing the blankets in the windows, 
they were getting on my nerves - wrong color for starters and too dark plus 
those blankets belonged to my cats - well they can have them back now! 
I got these curtains for $16 for the full set at a dollar store. BUT they are
extremely thin and lots of sunlight shine through them. SO I will need to get
something to go under them. 
(Read more below)


I have major problem with these curtains though, that valance on top goes right
into my drain board for the dishes... I have very little space in this camper and I need
my drain board area free for dishes. As much as I love these curtains I may have to 
put them in a bag for use later on in life. I'm going to get these other curtains 
to go in this window and try to figure this out -- if nothing else I will
have an extra set of curtains for the future!


I'm looking at these Boho curtains for the kitchen - I know I can at least
finagle a way to make these work... like I said if nothing else I'll end up with an 
extra set of curtains and that's not a bad thing! OH and these are green and
orange like my kitchen -- humm still thinking about all this!

OR
This set... green, orange with the falling leaves.


For the living room
I got these chocolate brown for the living room. They are way to long - that's 
all they had! BUT I rapped them over themselves to make them work. It's ok they needed
something behind them because they are still thin curtains from the dollar store - about
$8 a curtain so it's not too bad. OH and don't worry I'm gonna brighten up this area
with some color soon enough - at least those cat blankets are not in the windows anymore!!
I had 2 pieces of a torn up towel to cover that window in this door. It looked awful but helped
to keep the sun from shining inside. Well, this $5 or $6 for this curtain to cover up the door
window is well worth it! Looks so much nicer now! It's a shower curtain! There is no 
cover over the porch so when it rains the door gets wet and a curtain (like those torn towels) 
gets wet, dries out and then gets moldy or mildew on them - gross! And then take them 
down to wash and the sunlight gets here and make it all hot. Insulation is in that widow 
and once again, looks like garbage so I have to cover it with something. A shower curtain
that can take the water is ideal - not perfect but works great for my needs here!

I'm still working on creating a home. Something not one of my ex's could provide - I'm a 
woman so I guess I have to do it myself - something my ex's couldn't do for anyone lol. 
I've had help from family (my blessing in life) with some things but in a year and a half I went from just a few torn clothes, a few dusty books and a small handful of music cds to actually having something in my life - for the very first time ever! I'm proud and happy about it! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment