Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

50th Birthday Menu and Cats 9th Birthday Coming Up

 

 In 9 more days left until the big Golden Day.

My kitty girls: Nut and Honey will celebrate their 9th birthday this year! Must find something special for their birthdays. Will get them some kind of special treats!

I've thought about it. I'd decided for my 50th birthday I want foods from different literary fantasy worlds to eat. So LotR/Hobbit, Narnia, Disney, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Dungeons & Dragons will be represented buy foods. Haha. Oh wait, I do this often - for my Unbirthday Parties. Haha.



Birthday Menu:

Breakfast
Fried Bacon and Cheesy, Chivey Scrambled Eggs  (Harry Potter) (H.P page 113)

2nd Breakfast
Beorn's Toast with Fruit (Hobbit) (Wizards page 31)

Elevensies
Dorothy's Toast (Wizard of Oz) (Wizards page 57)

Lunch
Red Dragon Inn Soup (D&D) (Wizards page 47)

Afternoon Tea
Mrs. Beaver's Ham Sandwiches (Narnia) (Literary Tea Pary page 35)

Dinner
No Man Am I Kebabs (LotR) (Wizards, Warriors, Dragons page 55)
Bilbo's Dipping Sauce (Hobbit) (Lord of Kitchen page 82)
Sam Gamgee's Herbal Potato Mash (Blog Recipe)  
Crusty White Bread (GoT) (GoT page25)

Supper (Dessert)
Meal's End (D&D) (D&D Heroes page 79)

Drinks
Butterbeer (Harry Potter) (Wizards page 157)


*Most foods can be made a day or 2 ahead of time! Not much to cook on the day of my 50th birthday that way!! I can watch Lord of the Ring extended trilogy that day!

Fry Bacon ahead of time.
Make Potato Mash.
Hull Strawberries.
Prepare Cheese and Chives for eggs ahead of time.
Prepare Mock Goat Cheese.
Crusty White Bread for Supper, Beorn's and Dorthy's Toasts - make a day ahead.
Dragon Soup can be made a day ahead and warmed.
Ham Sandwiches made ahead and wrapped in plastic wrap.
Poison Apples - made a day ahead of time.
Bilbo's Sauce - made a day ahead.
Kebabs - ready early to cook that night.
Meal's End the berries sweetened and ready for the cream for dessert ahead of time.
Drinks made to order.


No comments:

Post a Comment