Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Nut-Nut Snakebit

My Nut-Nut cat was bit by a snake early this morning. I got her inside just after the sun came up and noticed her face & neck swollen. I kept her calm and asleep on the bed until 8 AM when the vet opened up. I called at 8 AM to tell them - their advice over the phone worked - she's doing well. They said keep a close eye on her and if her breathing is off get her up there immediately!  I've kept her still, sleeping mainly. She barely eating but she is eating & drinking a little bit. She's in a lot of pain - but they can't give her a pain killer. She's also cleaning herself so that is a good sign too. For the next few days I'll continue to watch over my baby Nut-Nut. I love her and my other two cats very much! <3

She breathing well, eating and drinking a little bit, she's cleaning herself and she's doing everything she can to act normal. Sleeping a lot which is good - she needs to keep still so the venom or poison does not circulate. I've got a syringe so I can give her some homemade pedialyte when she awakes and I've got some tuna so she can lap up the juice! Her mouth is very swollen and that is why she's having a some problems  - but I'm here to make sure she will not dehydrate!


I LOVE YOU NUT-NUT

 



No comments:

Post a Comment