Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

Kitchen Items

Well I was needing kitchen items badly lol.. you can't cook without pots/pans and you have to have something to eat with and eat on. Also, need small appliances, mixing bowls and bakeware. Yes everything because I had nothing.


What I have acquired in 2015 in kitchen items are listed below.



I finally decided to get and try out Rachel Ray's green pots/pans. This is an excellent set. 
I love them. They really are non-stick - you do not need very much oil at all to fry in these. 
They heat and cool very well. I really love the shape of the pots.

Of course you have to have non-stick cooking utensils that can tolerate the heat. 
I picked these silicone/stainless steel set out. I love them and they work well with Rachael's cookware. 
BTW they are NOT this bright of a green - they are more subdue in color. 

A griddle. I find myself using this one quite often. It's non-stick and has a large surface. 
This is perfect for grilled cheese, quesadillas,, and other items.  

Steamer and pasta cooker. To be honest, the only item I've used so far is the colander - and I love it.
The cooker is larger than I expected it be - but I do have it for the future. 

 Emeril's cutlery knife set. I didn't need a bunch of kitchen knives so I opted for this small set - 
it's perfect for my needs. They are sharp and work very well. I also love the cutting shears
to remove skin from chicken and other similar needs. This set is great for my needs.



Bakeware set - this is for a toaster oven but 3 of the pans will not fit into my tiny toaster oven. I need to get a larger toaster oven that can actually  hold the small pans. The little round pan fit in the little oven hahaa.
I got an extra pan to go with this set that actually fits in the toaster oven.


 A hand mixer. I've used this one a couple of times already and I like it a lot. It has a 
storage casethat fit onto the bottom of the mixer. Your beaters, whisk and the cord 
fits into the case and it snaps right on the bottom.


I needed something to mix in - it was hard make something and have to mix in things in a cereal bowl lol
I got some actual mixing bowls!  I love my bowls! These are average size (large).


I got some small prep bowls - these are perfect when a small amount is needed. 
Yes these are tiny for the small mixing jobs. 


You see this spoon? I'm in-love with it! It does not scratch your non-stick pans, it takes heat, it is strong
enough to mix stiff bread dough and it's long enough to mix your pitcher of tea.  
I need 2 more of these. I use it constantly. When cooking I tend to wash this spoon  to use in the other pot on the stove - that means I need another one - maybe 2. 
Warning: I got the green and it discolors easily - but I don't care.







OK I was planning on getting a wooden set of dinnerware - I got the small plates/saucers, small 
sauce bowls and the tiny tea/juice/wine cups to start with. Well, I used the plate one night and used a butter 
knife on it, needless to say it is scratched already. It can be fixed by sanding are re-oiling it but I still can't 
believe the wood is that soft but it is. I will still use this set for certain things: the little plates are 
perfect for a sandwich, cheese & crackers, bread  and so on.. just little items like that.  


The little plates. Still nice for certain items.
 I got 4 of these tiny bowls - perfect for dipping sauces.

The tiny tea cups. Nice for juices and tea - possibly wine. 
The are about a big as a  small stemless wine glass.




Due to the fact the wood is so soft - scratches very easily - I decided to NOT get the large wooden bowls and plates. I decided to get this Stoneware set instead. This Stoneware set works great with the wood so I'm not disappointed. I have to say that this set is heavy! Beautiful!


I can't forget the silverware! I had the steak knives already but was in need of silverware! Haha.
I had a little help picking this set out - and I'm so glad I got them! They are beautiful and sturdy. 




Next a dishrack - The last one I had was a plastic thing that was way to big for the small area I have available and it hung over half of the rinse water side of the sink  - was so hard rinse dishes with a 
dishrack in the way. So I got a pretty rack with a utensil holder that fits into the small spot. 






The kitchen mats for it. I got 2 sets so far but I really could use a 3rd set. 
They sometimes get really wet and need to be changed.  I love these. 
I  got one large wooden salad bowl but I use it to hold  snack items.

I did get a coffee pot, that tiny toaster oven, an oil can, silicone coated whisk, 1 wood and 1 plastic cutting boards, 2 hand-crank can openers,  some chip clips, dish towels & rags, tongs, wine opener, kitchen utility scissors, 2 wooden utensil holders, lettuce knife (I use it for cutting in non-stick bakeware) and a 2-cup measuring cup. So I'm getting there with my kitchen items - I'm getting closer all the time  - I still have kitchen items left to acquire. - Getting there!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment