Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Kitchen Items

I use these all the time - several times a day I heat the kettle for coffee and tea. 
Mine is leaking badly (it was an el cheapo) so I finally decided to break down 
and get a decent kettle - this one should last for years and hopefully won't leak after 2 years of use like the last one did. That was $10 for 2 years worth of use so instead of spending another $10 to work for another 2 years ($20 total) I'm gonna spend $35 for one that I hope I won't have
to keep replacing every 2 years like the last one. 

(Read more below)


This is a mushroom brush. When you get mushroom they have soil on them and this brushes
off the soil. It has very soft bristle (from what I have read) because mushrooms are soft
and would tear easily with the harder vegetable brushes - plus I used to wipe them off 
with a paper towel and was using tons of paper towels to get all the 'shrooms clean. This 
will solve my paper towel usage problem and clean the 'shrooms much better! I hope it works
as well as others say it does - I think it might. 

For my cast iron skillets - this should work well. 
Might work for other things too. 

I have a set of 3 of these (in a lighter green) but I find I need some very small
containers for small amounts of stuff - I'm tired of having large containers in the
fridge full of small amounts of stuff. That'll give me a total of 7 small containers 
and should be plenty for me. 


A Paper Towel holder! I'm tired of having a roll of paper towels in the cabinet,
taking up space, falling out and rolling on the floor wasting paper towels! 
A towel rack for the kitchen. I'm tired of hanging my towel on a nail tearing it trying to get it
off the nail OR having to fall in my dish water. I also tried putting it on the edge of the sink
but it stays too wet and will slip off onto the floor sometimes - this will solve the problem!

A spice rack to free up space in the cabinet. I'll have a place to put stuff now in that area.
PLUS my spices seems too get hard not long after I buy them in that cabient,
I'm blaming humidity levels in my area - maybe this will help with that problem as well. 

Of course ya need jars for the rack - these are squared so I should be able to 
put more on the spice rack this way - the round style usually wastes space.

Labels. For the bottom of the jars or the top of the lids.

A couple of dollars for some fun front labels for the spice jars. 
Should help with the "witchy kitchen" look. :)

It's just me, so I got 2 corn cob holders. I LOVE fresh ears of corn.

That sink stopper keeps leaking out the fresh water I made.. ugh!
I know this style will fit most all drains and works well! I've had this style before
and should stop that sink from leaking now! 

I'm sick and tired of trying to catch things from going down the drain. 
This will stop that!

To dress up the wall: artificial onion and garlic. 
Sadly it might keep away the Vampires I'm wanting to attract ;) :P

The Green Man. I've been wanting one for YEARS now. 
This one is awesome looking. Green, Burgundy and Burnt Orange - my colors!! 
He'll go in the kitchen where these colors are prominent.

For years I've wanted a Tiki! I've looked at several over the last few months, drooling
when I see them... they are selling out left and right so I decided to had better grab
one before they are all gone - I've watched some Tiki's sell out and others decline in numbers
over the last few months - I'm getting one before they are all gone! This one I decided
would look ok with the Horror and Witchy look I have going on. 

OK OK I finally broke down and decided on this set for the kitchen. 
I thought I was going to get the brown - but I know I wasn't thinking clearly 
at the time because my Nut-Nut cat was missing at the time. 
Cleared my head and thought harder after she was found and
decided on this set! Yes I finally made up my mind! LOL. 

To bust up some of that orange at the top of the curtians
I found this Pagan Celtic Knot to lay in the center of the curtains. 
Of course I'll show a pic of them when I get everything up! :)

Please don't think me foolish or stupid here but instead of getting
the under curtains for them I'm going to try a shower curtain instead. 
Why? Well windows can get moist and put moisture on your curtains and ruin them, 
so I'm gonna try shower curtains behind them instead of the sheers or other types. 
I have no idea how this will work out but it should help with moisture problems and
stop the hot sun from bleaching out the real curtains. I'll let y'all know in a few months
how this is working out - I'll know then. 

For those living room curtains - as I said this might help with moisture
and protect the real curtains from that and the sunlight. I'll know in a few months. 

OH YEA.. safety pins! I'm going to have to pin up the curtains -
they will be a bit too long for this window but might need long ones in the future.
LOL - it'll work.


No comments:

Post a Comment