nd no more "boyfriends" or "husbands" for me. Male friends are fine -
but nothing more. I'll stick to my Boromir thanks... haha. I only
attract the wrong men in my life when it comes to that type of
relationships - never the right one. I do think single life for me is
best.
Funny story: I lived in Shreveport and worked at Don's
Seafood as a cashier. The woman there (waitresses) kept telling me -
"Girl, get yourself a sugar daddy. Don't get in regular relationship
again". I laughed with them that they need to find themselves a sugar
daddy. Hahaa. That was fun times for me but hard times in other ways.
Another story: I was in a bar one night after my long term ex and I fell apart and met a guy there who was a police investigator. We talked about life and my personal life.... and what he told me has never left my mind "You don't want a relationship again. Find yourself a companion instead from now on". -- I've never found one. Not yet - don't believe I ever will. But I do believe he was right. He told me stories of what he has seen as a police inspector - stories of "love" - how he's arrest those that "loved their wife" and beat her. Stories of how some are murdered over "I love you". He's right -- companion is best.
Nope -- some think I should find someone - but my days with that are done. Sometimes you just want to be single, alone but not lonely (okay maybe once in a great while lonely but not often). Most all of the time, I'm content in my own company.
Another story: I was in a bar one night after my long term ex and I fell apart and met a guy there who was a police investigator. We talked about life and my personal life.... and what he told me has never left my mind "You don't want a relationship again. Find yourself a companion instead from now on". -- I've never found one. Not yet - don't believe I ever will. But I do believe he was right. He told me stories of what he has seen as a police inspector - stories of "love" - how he's arrest those that "loved their wife" and beat her. Stories of how some are murdered over "I love you". He's right -- companion is best.
Nope -- some think I should find someone - but my days with that are done. Sometimes you just want to be single, alone but not lonely (okay maybe once in a great while lonely but not often). Most all of the time, I'm content in my own company.
No comments:
Post a Comment